“What is the core purpose of the corporation? How should it be designed to seamlessly blend sustainability into its design, ownership, governance, strategy and practices? Corporation 20/20 is an international, multi-stakeholder initiative that seeks to answer these questions. Its goal is to develop and disseminate a vision, pathway for the 21st century corporation in which social purpose moves from the periphery to the heart of the organization. Such transformation is indispensable to a Great Transition toward a just and livable world.”
- The purpose of the corporation is to harness private interests to serve the public interest.
- Corporations shall accrue fair returns for shareholders, but not at the expense of the legitimate interests of other stakeholders.
- Corporations shall operate sustainably, meeting the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- Corporations shall distribute their wealth equitably among those who contribute to its creation.
- Corporations shall be governed in a manner that is participatory, transparent, ethical, and accountable.
- Corporations shall not infringe on the right of natural persons to govern themselves, nor infringe on other universal human rights.